Monday, March 28, 2011

I am not in love, but I am open to persuasion...

This is the opening line of one of my favourite songs by Joanna Armtrading (she sang the original Weakness in me)..

Its an adequate description of my disposition these days.. I'm not in love- with another person but I am in love with something.. Feeling so light and airy at the idea of being in love with love- or recreating the feelings I did feel when I loved another person..

My question is, why do we have to wait for another person? Why do we wait, for another person to arouse the feelings and deep passions within us?

These days, I've been more open, passionate and vulnerable than I've been in a relationship. Why do wait for another person to reveal to you what your own love tastes like? When its a flavour you carry? Why wait for someone else to release you.. To yourself?

I've listened to Adele's new album, my old Westlife tracks, Micheal Buble, Etta James.. There is no relationship that I've been in where I decided to tune into me.. And discover the flavour of my fancy..
And like the ladies in Coloured Girls said at the end.. 'My love is too Magic' to have it thrown back in face', My love is too sensual to have thrown back in my face, my love is too aromatic to have thrown back in my face, my love is too satisfying to have thrown back in my face...

As a single person, I'm glad to be experiencing this now.. Its like eating something while blind folded-you just have to make out all the flavours relying on your palate. If your palate is not cleansed then you won't be able to identify and enjoy what its in your mouth.. What's meant to satisfy you.. The same applies here, if you don't know what you like or don't, what makes you pop you would find yourself accepting what is given to you.

Don't see being single as a curse- its an opportunity to cleanse yourself of the bad and discovering all the varieties of you.. Knowing what mixes with you and what extra's you don't need.

What I suggest you do is wear the outfit that makes you feel like the only girl in the world, put on the songs you are embarassed to let people hear you listen to and let your love flow through you..
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 5 Guys I Adore..... But Could Never Date

I decided to rework a few articles from the past! This is one of them from 2011.. Some of the views expressed herein have changed eg, I no...