Sunday, March 20, 2011

The lights must go on round about..now

This weekend I took a 14 hour long (one way) bus ride to witness a friends wedding! I mean an old friend; a good friend-Contrary to my parents beliefs! {Contra parents mores- I think I may have coined a new Latin term}
We were neighbours and I was the awkward, chubby girl with no males prospect or advances. He was popular, cool and friendly. But he befriended me, with my oversized bag, long skirt and floppy hat! He took me under his wing and introduced me to the world as I know it!. At that point my mother sent me to boarding school.. L☺L *cue slamming sound of prison doors*
My aunt recently confessed that they sent my to boarding school to get me away from this guy- I'm grateful for my boarding school experiences and lessons (mom's do know the best). Although I learnt a lot during the holidays too.I learnt about the other side of the church school walls!!
I learnt about cannabis- the high and the lows (no pun intended), alcohol and sex, from a real world point of view.  Basically drunkenness and manners don't co exist!! [Drake: I learnt Hennesy and enemies is one hell of a mixture]

Above all I learnt about what I want for my future. I decided I don't want to be with someone who jerks me around, decided I wanna make something of myself: Something out of this world  I made my mind up that I didn't want to be one of the girls that got 'slaughtered'' (long story).  I sit here thinking about all those days.. I'd go over to his place and watch TV when we didn't have DSTV (like cable), go and wait for the boy I had a crush on *RIP Drew*, or go and wait for the other boy I had a crush on *lips are sealed*.

It was a home away from home.

God bless them and their marriage..

In the picture attached find the groom and I..

This guys name is Gangster Boogie. * He lives up to every part of that *

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 5 Guys I Adore..... But Could Never Date

I decided to rework a few articles from the past! This is one of them from 2011.. Some of the views expressed herein have changed eg, I no...