Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chill bites: My winter to do list!

It seems that a blog is not a blog without a list of some sort! Without further ado, here I go:

1. Study for my board exams that will be written on the 26th and 27th of July. Its not enough to just     have a degree that I slaved for over 4 years, I still have board exams to write to get a qualification I dont really feel I need, but at least I can call myself an attorney, and drop the candidate.

2. Fix up my car! My green hornet needs serious touch ups. It will do good for me to fix it now before summer rain comes. The list of problems it has are endless and this is to my untrained woman eye, it may cost a small fortune but safety first! I am always grateful that i am not paying  monthly instalments for it; thanks Dad.

3. Go and watch a 3D movie! *hides under desk* Yes, i have not seen a 3D movie yet. Im thinking  Thor; this weekend and ill go alone :).

4. Manage my money well so I can go whale watching in Cape Town after my boards as well as spend time with my mentor Mrs Carol Bouwer at her production house. Refer to post " funding the fabulousity".

5. Do something cultured. Maybe theatre, attend a seminar or expo. These Bhawa ranger tendencies {in one of the languages we speak in Zimbabwe we call a bar/club/pub a "bhawa". Get the word play with Power Ranger??? lol } must reduce. My Taiwanese friend says I need to do something that adds value to my life.. any suggestions?

6. Decorate!!!! I recently got my couch and now I need to get some pretty things to make it warm and inviting. I found the some very pretty red cushions and now i'm missing a soft, fluffly red fleece for the late night tv watching days with a cup of hot chocolate and baked goods. I love bedroom linen, so indulge myself and get a duvet filled with some sort of feathers ans Egyptian cotton pillow cases! Have to start somewhere.
A full length mirror is non negotiable. before i break my neck climbing on the tub to look in  bathroom one.

7. Cook a well planned meal for myself. Once a week. In heels.

8. Take a break from being a pleasure manager. Yes, it is an actual title and ill let you use your imagination as to what this means I do. Well for one- it means I have to be Bhawa ranger, the two are inextricably linked. In any case, you dont meet nice boys under that guise.
Im ready to meet a nice boy- I think,  but im willing to wait for the nicest boy to join me for the baked good and hot chocolate.

9.  Be purposeful and maintain an attitude of praise in all that I will face.  Love God and Love people.

10. Overcome my very rational dislike ( i dont like to use the word fear) of driving to court!! I hate going to that place- its smack in the middle of town; the crowds, little parking and constant road works make it a nightmare. I am even willing to forfeit the money I can claim for petrol and opt to carpool! Doing my bit for the enviroment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 5 Guys I Adore..... But Could Never Date

I decided to rework a few articles from the past! This is one of them from 2011.. Some of the views expressed herein have changed eg, I no...